WSU Departments and Staff
Resources from The Office of International Programs
The Office of International Programs works closely with the campus community to serve international students, scholars, and faculty at WSU.
Global Services is dedicated to promoting intercultural understanding and awareness of the needs and perspectives of international students, scholars and faculty at WSU.
The advising staff are available to answer questions departments may have about complex immigration regulations that pertain to international students, scholars and faculty at WSU.
Responsibilities of Global Services
Global Services has primary responsibility for ensuring that the University is in federal compliance with all SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) reporting requirements, which is an eligibility requirement for federal grant applications.
Global Services contributes to a world-class environment in research and scholarship by facilitating the admission of international students, hiring of permanent and temporary teaching and research faculty, and hosting of visiting scholars from around the world.
- Providing information for incoming students such as visa application processing times and procedures, and documents needed for reentry to the U.S. after temporary absences abroad.
- Providing orientation and immigration information to all students, visiting scholars, and international faculty.
- Providing the paperwork and hosting guidelines to bring visiting scholars to engage in collaborative research
- Providing training on federal and state guidelines for hiring international faculty in temporary and permanent positions.
- Facilitating the interaction between US and international populations through programs such as the Global Bridge Program and Friends and Family.
- Collaborating with the International Center to host the International Coffee Hour and Coordinate the International Peer Mentor Program.
- Providing intercultural training to departments and groups to better understand the needs and perspectives of international populations.
- Working closely with Admissions, the Graduate School , Urban Campus Advisors, and academic departments to ensure accurate and timely SEVIS reporting.