How to Apply
- All students must complete the WSU application online using MyStudyAbroad. In addition, students studying on an exchange or through an education abroad provider program must also complete an application for the program sponsor or university that you will be attending.
- Before you apply for education abroad you must attend a Global Cougs (GC 101), speak with your academic advisor as well as a Global Learning Advisor and chose the program that best meets your needs.
- Applications are due the semester before you wish to participate in an education abroad provider program, though the exact dates will vary depending upon the type of program in which you wish to participate.
The WSU deadlines are included in the MyStudyAbroad brochure for your program. Program sponsor deadline information and application forms can be found in the program brochures or on the program website link provided in the MyStudyAbroad program brochure. We suggest that you submit your materials early to secure your spot, as many programs sponsors admit students on a rolling basis. In addition, it is very important to thoroughly read all documents and print copies of all paperwork that you submit.
The online WSU Education Aborad Application contains a number of important documents—please be sure you completely fill out and submit each one. These documents include both questionnaires and material submissions that can be accessed once you have begun the application process through MyStudyAbroad.
WSU Education Abroad Online Application can include:
- Financial Aid Questionnaire (if you plan to use Financial Aid)
- Participation Agreement
- Liability Form
- Student Conduct Release Form
- Acknowledgement of Health and Safety Risks Form
- Emergency Contact Information
- Self-Assessment Medical Form
- Academic Planning and Information Questionnaire
- Program Dates Questionnaire
- Course/Internship Approval Form
- Passport/Visa Questionnaire
- Photocopy of Passport
- Passport photos for the International Student Identity Card ISIC
In addition to completing all application materials, WSU students are also required to attend the mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation as well as all applicable program meetings.
All WSU students participating in an education abroad experience are responsible for payment of all applicable application and orientation fees. Please find the appropriate fee(s) for your program type listed in the chart below. If you have questions about any of these fees please contact International Programs Global Learning Department at 509-335-6204 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty-Led Program Applicants please NOTE: If you decide not to participate you must withdraw your application prior to the deadline. Failure to withdraw not only will result in the non-refundable application fee being placed on your student account, but also - depending on the time of withdrawal - you may be held responsible for any or all of the program costs outlined in your program budget sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
NavigationSearch ProgramsBegin Your
Application Education Abroad Scholarships