The central database of all traveling Cougars, managed for and by WSU.
The international travel registry is an online registration system that provides WSU with a secure means of documenting the international travel plans of Cougs abroad on WSU-related not-for-credit activities.
You are required to register with the International Travel Registry for all university sponsored, affiliated or promoted international travel that is not-for-credit, whether traveling individually or in a group. Any for-credit experiences should be directed through the Office of International Programs (IP) Global Learning Education Abroad application.
WSU has made it a policy to record the non-credit bearing international experiences in which its students participate to ensure that, as an institution, we follow best practices when sending students abroad. These practices include:
- Assisting students with pre-departure preparations.
- Securing emergency contact information from students.
- Securing a detailed itinerary with overseas contact information from students.
- Enrolling students in the United States Department of State’s Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) so that they receive the latest travel updates and information and so that the State Department is better able to assist our students in case of an emergency.
- Documenting a student’s international engagement activities.
- All students are required to purchase WSU International Travel and Health Insurance which includes these benefits: travel and health insurance for the duration of yout international travel, medical evacuation and repatriation of remains, and security evacuation in the event of political unrest or natural disasters.
Note: If you are going abroad for academic credit, please find your program and apply through the Office of International Programs.
Register your travel if you are participating in one of the following WSU affiliated, sponsored, administered international activities:
- Academic research in a foreign country,
- Internship or work Service-learning project that is not-for-credit.
- International conference attendance
- Traveling with any registered student organizations (RSOs)
- Traveling with faculty advisor or other WSU faculty or staff
- Traveling as a part of a WSU athletic team, sport club team or other affiliated sport team.
Before you begin your registry, note that you will need the following items:
- Itinerary including: In-country accommodations, personal in-country contact info, exact dates of experience
- Contact information of the company or person you are dealing with abroad
Plan to complete the on-line travel registration as soon as plans are finalized for your not-for-credit international experience or at least two weeks before the start of your experience. If it is less than two weeks before your travel begins, PLEASE CONTINUE TO REGISTER.
To register your travel click on the "Faculty" or "Student" link on the upper right hand side of this page and follow the step by step instructions. You will log into the registry using your WSU network ID and password. You will be able to come back to your regsitry after you start it.
WSU encourages its faculty and staff to participate in the International Travel Registry to ensure that, as an institution, we follow best practices when sending faculty and staff abroad. These practices include:
- Securing emergency contact information from faculty and staff.
- Securing a detailed itinerary with overseas contact information from faculty and staff.
- Documenting WSU faculty and staff international engagement activities
- Providing faculty and staff with resources for their travel
- Providing international partnership and collaboration possibilities
Faculty and Staff will require the following to complete a registry:
- Full international itinerary
- Two emergency contacts
- Scanned copy of your passport
The International Travel Registry (ITR) enrolls you in International Travel and Health Insurance, registers you with the U.S. Department of State's Safe Traveler Enrollment Program, and can help arrange in-country support or evacuation in the event of an emergency.
There is a $20 fee to register with the International Travel Registry. This fee will be billed to your student account. In addition to the $20 ITR fee your student account will be billed for the cost of required International Travel and Health Insurance. The amount billed will depend on the length of your experience. Please note that there is a minimum 14 day insurance charge.