In certain circumstances verification of financial documents is required. Below is the list of acceptable financial documents used to verify your funding.
Sample letter of support from sponsor (parent, family member, friend, etc.)
Requirements for Acceptable Financial Document
- Copies are acceptable (fax and scan OK)
- Dated and less than six months old
- In English or accompanied by an English translation
Acceptable Financial Documents include one or more of the following
- Bank statement or statement of approved loan in the student’s name.
- Bank statement in the sponsor’s name and a letter of support from the person named on the bank statement indicating the relationship to the student. (sponsor letter must be current and signed within the past 6 months)
- Letter from your department if TA/RA
- Letters from government/organizations
- Financial Affidavit of Support (I-134) if your sponsor resides in the U.S.
Bank statement must be attached.
- Employment may be considered if the student is in valid status and authorized for employment.
*** Students are required to notify Global Services when changes in funding occur