Global Services is available to assist both international and domestic sponsored students with the WSU billing process, medical insurance, transcripts, immigration questions, and cultural adjustment.
What is a Sponsored Student?
- A Sponsored Student is any student who has a scholarship from their home university, home embassy, a company, or a U.S. government agency.
IMPORTANT - CURRENT SPONSORED STUDENTS
Contact Global Services and your sponsor advisor IMMEDIATELY in the following situations:
How does the program work?
Global Services guarantees ("pays") the sponsored student's tuition and mandatory fees on their behalf. Global Services prepares an invoice**, which is sent directly to the sponsoring agency. The sponsoring agency reimburses ("pays back") Global Services for the amount invoiced per student.
**Please Note: Global Services will only provide invoices to sponsoring agencies participating in the International Sponsored Student Program. WSU Student Accounts does not issue paper invoices.
New Student Requirements-IMPORTANT
Make an appointment to meet with Denise Keeton within the first week of classes.
- Bring a copy of your Financial Guarantee Letter.
- Bring your medical insurance card (if needed).
What can be guaranteed?
- Mandatory Fees
- WSU Health Insurance Fee (if covered by sponsor)
- WSU Housing Charges (by request and if student lives on campus)
**Please Note: Guaranteed items can vary based on individual Financial Guarantee Letters provided by the sponsor.
What charges are the student's responsibility?
All optional charges;
- for example: sports pass, Chinook Yearbook, printing charges, or Health & Wellness Services co-pays.
If Global Services is not reimbursed ("paid back") from the sponsor by the deadline for each semester, the charges will be reversed and will become the student's responsibility to pay.
- (See Sponsored Student Billing Policy for more details)
Financial Guarantee Letters
All Sponsored Students are required to maintain a valid financial guarantee letter with Global Services.
Submit letters directly to: Denise Keeton, Bryan Hall 108, 509-335-2532.
WSU requires all international students to purchase the WSU Medical Insurance Policy. However, some sponsored student are eligible for an insurance waiver.
If you qualify for a waiver;
- Give Global Services a copy of your medical insurance card.
- Global Services will notify Health & Wellness Services each semester to request a waiver on your behalf.
If you do not qualify;
- The charge for WSU Medical Insurance will be included on the invoice sent to your sponsor (unless the sponsor specifically states that they will not cover WSU Medical Insurance).
Global Services has the ability to assist sponsored students with sending transcripts to their sponsors.For more information, please contact Denise Keeton
Links FOr SPONSORED STUDENTS
- Undergraduate Application Process
- Graduate Application Process
- Release of Information Form
- Billing Policy
- Financial Guarantee Letter Standards
- Wire Transfer