Student Transitions to WSU

By Lazim Ahmed, Pathway Student at INTO WSU

Leaving my family behind wasn’t easy for me, but little did I know that a family was waiting for me here already. It just doesn’t end there. I had a misconception that people wouldn’t be too accepting here, but I was completely wrong. I am blessed to have met people who have been amazing support.

I am currently taking UNIV 104, English 105 & 106, Math 100, and CES 101 but classes like UNIV 104 and ENG 106 are very unique because their focus is on personal development and they really got me to explore different cultures and skills by closely working with others. The instructors have been absolutely amazing and very supportive. I love to say none of the classes I have are dull or boring. There’s always something interesting going on, either it is presentations or an interview that has me exploring the subjects.

There are loads of opportunities to get involved in the community. I am already in the WSU cricket team and will be playing from the following season. I have joined the Raptor Club and Zoology Club just so I get to know more people who share similar interests. The Cougar football games are an amazing way to meet new people and make memories.