Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Future International Students

Common Questions

Here are answers to a few questions we commonly receive. If you need help with any part of the admission process, please contact us. We are here to help.

What is a “measles hold”?

WSU requires that all incoming students be immunized against measles prior to class registration.WSU Health and Wellness Services (HWS) oversees the measles hold. In order to get the measles hold lifted, students must either provide documentation of immunity or receive a vaccine shot from Health and Wellness Services. Send documentation to:

Health and Wellness Services
Washington State University
PO Box 642302
Pullman, WA 99164-2302

Email: (please send in 8.5×11 printable format)

Is there a host family program?

There is not an established host family program in the Pullman area. However, WSU does provide resources that can help you meet people from other cultures.

Do I need to arrange housing before I arrive?

You should arrange housing before arriving at WSU. Otherwise, expect to spend $80–$150 USD per night at local hotels. Students can apply for on-campus housing as soon as they confirm acceptance of their admission offer. See our housing page for more information on housing options.

May I open a bank account in Pullman?

Opening a bank account is fairly easy. There are several banks to choose from in Pullman. Banking is 1 of many topics that will be covered during International Student Orientation. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the U.S. banking system before you arrive at WSU.

Do I have to pay tuition before I arrive?

No. Tuition and fees are due the first day of class. WSU Student Accounts accepts various methods of payment.

I have been offered admission—but what if I want to wait before starting at WSU?

You can delay entry to WSU for up to 1 semester. To do so, you will need to re-apply for the term you would like to attend. Updated official transcripts and financial documentations may be required. If you have already been issued a WSU I-20 and would like to defer attendance, please contact the Office of International Programs to obtain an updated I-20.

/* ============= UNIBUDDY ====================*/