Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Learn English

Get the Proper Visa

F-1 visa

If you will be enrolled in classes at the WSU Intensive American Language Center (IALC), you will most likely be issued an F-1 visa.

An F-1 visa allows an international student to enter the United States to study in a language and/or academic program. If you are studying at WSU on an F-1 visa, you must comply with U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements, as well as University requirements.

J-1 visa

A J-1 student visa allows you to participate in study-based exchange programs in the United States. If you are studying in a language and/or academic program at WSU on a J-1 visa, you must comply with regulations of the U.S. Department of State, as well as university requirements.