Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program
Washington State University will have the honor of hosting 25 Iraqi undergraduate students for an intensive cultural immersion and learning experience, as part of the 2018 Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program (IYLEP).
The Washington State University Office of International Programs is looking for families to host students for one and/or two weekends in July. The host family experience is one of the most enriching parts of the program for students and hosts. We are seeking families that are open-minded, adventurous, caring, enthusiastic, and reflect the very best aspects of our community. We hope you will join us!
Friday, July 20 – Sunday, July 22
Friday, July 27 – Sunday, July 29
- Be able to provide clean and appropriate living space for one or two students
- Be comfortable communicating with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Attend host family orientation (date TBA)
- Be able to resolve interpersonal conflicts in a calm and logical manner
- Undergo an application process including an interview and home inspection
- Pass background check
- Transport students to/from the WSU campus on pick-up/drop-off days
- Provide student(s) with three meals a day
- Provide appropriate living accommodations for student(s)
- Provide a stable living environment, including communicating house rules and expectations