Due to increased demand, the Office of International Programs International Student and Scholar Services Department now requires 5 business days to process any documents submitted in person or electronically. This policy applies to international students and scholars.
Is your English ability preventing you from being successful in your classes or your research? The language support program at the Intensive American Language Center (IALC) can help.
International Teaching Assistant Evaluations
International graduate teaching assistants (TAs) must take the University’s language evaluation before beginning their teaching assignment.
The Office of International Programs offers a 1-time, $1,500 tuition reduction emergency tuition support (amount is subject to change) to students who encounter a financial need caused by circumstances beyond their control while enrolled as a student.
Emergency tuition support is offered only in serious financial circumstances that are beyond your control. For example:
- Loss of an assistantship or scholarship
- Loss of funding resulting from a death, serious illness, or political upheaval in your home country
You will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Maintain F-1 or J-1 visa status at WSU Pullman
- Be in the final stages of your degree program
- Provide evidence that other sources of tuition funding are not available
Students who have previously received an emergency tuition support award from WSU International Programs are not eligible.
How to Apply
- Complete the International Programs IP Scholarship application awards and scholarship application.
- Complete the certification of financial status (pdf) and (if available) provide supporting documents. This can be sent to email@example.com.
- Write a detailed explanation of the unforeseen event that caused the shortfall of funds.
- Provide a brief supporting statement from your academic advisor indicating your academic status and your anticipated time to degree completion.
We are Here to Help
Please contact us if you have any questions about this award or if you are facing a financial emergency.
The International Center is a safe, comfortable place where you can connect with other international students—and it is a great place to start exploring the support and resources that are available on campus.