Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Our Network Is Your Network

Templates and Agreements

Here are the forms and templates you will need to establish an international partnership or agreement.

If these agreement templates do not fit your needs, or if you are not sure how to proceed, please contact WSU Office of International Programs. We are ready to help.

Preliminary Documents

Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)

A Memorandum of Understanding is a general, nonbinding statement of intent to cooperate and explore collaborative activities between WSU and a partner university, institution, or organization.

The MOU provides a simple format to enter into a general agreement and serves as the foundation for more detailed agreements on specific activities.

Email Us

International Agreement (IA)

An International Agreement is a legally binding contract that commits WSU and the partner organization to provide specific services or activities.

An MOU is generally executed before the process of negotiation and due diligence on developing an IA.

Email Us

Undergraduate Education

Undergraduate Transfer Credit Agreement

This agreement is known by a variety of names: Articulation, 2+2, 1+3, etc. It allows a student to transfer a defined set of undergraduate courses and credits between the academic program of an international institution and a program at WSU.

For help with these agreements, contact Erin-Kae Rice in the Office of International Programs.

Email Us

Reciprocal Student Exchange Program (RSEP) Agreement

An agreement where a specific number of WSU undergraduate students will go on exchange to the international institution and the international institution will send an equal number of students to WSU. It is important that the numbers of students to and from WSU remain equal.

Email Us

Undergraduate Education Abroad Agreement

This agreement identifies the program details involved in a student education abroad experience. It addresses issues such as the selection process, number of students, housing, fees, time period of the program, and program contacts.

Education abroad agreements can incorporate third-party providers; exchanges that do not require WSU/partner equivalency figures; or affiliation partnerships.

For help with these agreements, contact Erin-Kae Rice in the Office of International Programs.

Email Us

International Partnership Agreement

This form is for faculty-led or group study abroad programs. The information will detail a specific undergraduate education abroad program led by WSU faculty or authorized personnel. It will describe the housing arrangements, fees, time period, course requirements (for credit-bearing programs), contacts, and other information.

Email Us

Research and Training Agreements

Dual-Degree Research Agreement

In this agreement, WSU and the partner institution outline the requirements to confer separate Ph.D. diplomas to a student on fulfillment of all the requirements toward the Ph.D. degree at each institution.

This agreement allows both institutions to develop and strengthen research collaborations through a shared Ph.D. candidate who may conduct part of the doctoral requirements at WSU and at the partner institution.

The student will receive 2 separate diplomas by transferring pre-approved credits from the partner institution to WSU and from WSU to the partner institution, as appropriate. Note: The dual degree is not to be confused with a joint Ph.D. degree in which both institutions are jointly named on a single diploma.

Email Us

PhD Training Agreement

This agreement provides special consideration for bilateral partnership between WSU and a partner university or agency (e.g., government scholarship board). The agreement addresses issues including selection process, number of students involved in the program, housing, fees, time period, and program contacts.

For help with these agreements, contact Erin-Kae Rice in the Office of International Programs.

Email Us

Faculty Exchange Agreement

This agreement is between WSU and a partnering institution for faculty on an exchange in the interest of teaching, research, or other approved academic activity. The agreement will address issues such as the selection process; number of faculty; housing; financial consideration; time period; and program contacts.

For help with these agreements, contact Erin-Kae Rice in the Office of International Programs.

Email Us

Internship and ESL Agreements

English as a Second Language

Through the Academic English at the INTO WSU Center and other collaborative arrangements, WSU partners with external agencies to facilitate English education classes. These types of agreements will address schedules, terms and conditions to provide the necessary classes and program of study that may include English classes as well as WSU academic courses, time period, and other program content and fees.

Email Us

International Internship Agreement

This is an agreement between a WSU unit, department, or college to host an international student, faculty scholar, or researcher as an intern or visiting scientist for a defined period of time in a non-degree-seeking status. This activity may involve a commitment of university resources, funds, and/or personnel time. The agreement should include a scope of work and budget as appropriate. The agreement also can be modified for use by WSU faculty, staff, or students wishing to intern with a partner institution.

Email Us