In addition to distinguished scholarships, several scholarships and grants are offered by a variety of organizations to help students study abroad. Award criteria vary from program to program. These resources are good places to find additional funding for your study abroad program.
The Office of International Programs encourages you to apply for as many scholarships as possible.
- Diversity Abroad helps you search for scholarships offered by many of the WSU partner program providers
- Explore the World Travel Scholarship is a $2,000 award for students with high need to study abroad. Students must either reside or attend school in the following Washington counties: King, Pierce, Snohomish, Whatcom, Whitman
- FinAid and Fastweb offer several scholarships that can be used for education abroad and other areas
- The Fund for Education Abroad offers scholarships to students to participate in high quality, rigorous study abroad programs
- GoAbroad.com has a database of scholarships searchable by destination or major
- GoOverseas.com offers several scholarships that can be used for education abroad and to specific locations
- IEFA maintains a searchable database of education abroad scholarships
- Institute of International Education search tool features detailed descriptions of hundreds of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paid internships
- Student Financial Services provides information about effective ways to search for scholarships on your own, as well as access to lists of general scholarships from private donors
- StudyAbroad.com provides an extensive list of study abroad scholarships, ranging from highly competitive to underutilized
Take advantage of scholarship opportunities to study in a specific country or region.
Freeman-ASIA is a federally funded scholarship for U.S. citizens or permanent residents demonstrating financial need to study in East or Southeast Asia.
Chinese Governmental Scholarship is available for students studying at specific institutions in China.
Omio offers a scholarship for students studying in European Union and Schengen Area countries. WSU students are eligible for awards up to €2,000.
German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD, provides research, internship, and scholarship opportunities for students interested in Germany.
Japan Student Services Organization, or JASSO, offers scholarships to help support students studying in Japan.
BUTEX has scholarship opportunities for students studying at institutions in the United Kingdom for an academic year or single semester.