Transfer Students


If you are transferring from an international university, submit your English-language syllabi on our Course Equivalency Evaluation Request Form. This will ensure your credits transfer to WSU in the most helpful way possible toward your degree. Submit your syllabi and this form as early as possible so WSU has enough time to review and update your transfer credits.

Transferring to WSU from within the US

Are you transferring from another school from within the United States? Follow these steps:

  1. Meet with your current international student advisor or DSO and request your SEVIS record be transferred to WSU upon completion at your current school.
  2. Log in to your account at and fill out and submit the Transfer-In form. During this process, you will need to attach various documentation, including your Certificate of Finances form and your supporting bank statement showing proof of funds. You will be able to indicate that you would like a transfer pending I-20 (required if you intend to travel internationally before arriving to WSU).
  3. At the start of the semester, once you arrive to campus please fill out the New Student Check-In form to fulfill your reporting requirements. This must be done no later than 15 days into the semester.

Transferring to WSU from outside the US

If you are transferring from another university anywhere in the world, you probably would like to try transferring credits you’ve taken to count toward your degree at WSU. If so, you must send us your official transcripts so that we can conduct a transfer credit report. Once your transfer credit report is complete, your academic advisor will be able to help you select appropriate classes during your first term at WSU.

Understand your transfer credit report

WSU prides itself on being a transfer-friendly institution. Students who submit coursework completed at an accredited institution on an admission application are evaluated for receiving transfer credits for a WSU degree. Students who complete Cambridge, AS/A-Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement, and CLEP exams are evaluated for transfer credit. To view the transfer credits awarded, log in to myWSU and use this Transfer Credit Report Key (pdf) to understand your report.

Key to a transfer credit report

Screen readable Transfer Credit Report Key.