The PharmD program for international students
Established in 1891, the WSU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (CPPS) has been educating future pharmacists and scientists for over 130 years. Our faculty have been invited to share their expertise and latest research around the world. Our doctor of pharmacy graduates go on to work in a variety of careers including community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, pharmaceutical companies, academia, government, and much more.
- Out of 141 ACPE accredited pharmacy schools, WSU ranked in the top 20 in total number of students who passed the NAPLEX on their first attempt
- Our program consistently has the highest number of students to pass the NAPLEX in Washington state
- 89% on-time graduation rate in 2022
- 89% of 2022 graduates actively seeking employment accepted a job, residency, fellowship, had a pending offer, or were in negotiations
- $300,000+ in scholarship funding awarded to students each year
- 10:1 student to faculty ratio
- 18-58 pharmacy student age range
CPPS is your home away from home. Faculty, staff, and students provide a welcoming, warm environment so that you can thrive in your studies and reach your full potential.
- We connect you with numerous resources throughout your 4 years in pharmacy school.
- You can depend on our Academic and Student Success Advisors to guide you through your professional journey.
- We introduce you to faculty, student, and alumni mentors to help you launch your career in pharmacy.
Love where you learn
Based in one of the most innovative states in the nation for pharmacists, CPPS positions you on the cutting edge of pharmacy practice. Our state allows pharmacists to interact directly with patients to test and treat minor ailments and conditions. The college has two locations – in Spokane and Yakima – where you will learn alongside students in other health science professions such as nursing and medicine. We are located in the Pacific Northwest, the region known for an abundance of beautiful green trees, spectacular mountains, and hundreds of lakes and rivers. Our international student organization arranges weekend excursions to go hiking, kayaking, spending a day on the lake, and other outdoor recreation.
|Admission Timing||Fall 2023 Enrollment||Fall 2024 Enrollment|
|Early admission||Oct. 1, 2022||Oct. 2, 2023|
|Regular admission||Oct. 2, 2022-Jan. 4, 2023||Oct. 3, 2023-Jan. 2, 2024|
|Late admission||Jan. 5-June 1, 2023||Jan. 3-June 5, 2024|
PCAT and a bachelor’s degree are not required for admission, however, prerequisite courses must be completed. In addition, you will need to submit your GPA, letters of recommendations, transcripts, and TOEFL/IELTS scores.