International Travel Registration

Your safety and security during your time abroad is important to us.

Register your travel

WSU employees and official volunteers may register their travel and receive information about international travel insurance from WSU Risk Management Services. It is also recommended that individuals register their travel with the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy through the State Department’s travel registration website and enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).

The university strongly advises WSU employees and official volunteers to register travel plans prior to traveling internationally. Registration provides access to the following international travel insurance and risk management resources:

  • Emergency medical and security evacuation
  • Repatriation of remains
  • Some medical and health coverage

University central administration covers the cost of international travel insurance and risk management resources for registered WSU employees and official volunteers.

Learn more about WSU’s Employee Registration of International Travel policy.

Travel and health insurance

WSU faculty and staff traveling with students will be enrolled in the same insurance as their students.

WSU provides emergency medical and emergency situation travel insurance to all faculty, staff, graduate student employees, and registered volunteers on work-related travel abroad.

More information on WSU’s comprehensive International Travel and Health Insurance Policy can be found at Searchlight Portal. Enter the following Group ID number: 100004CPPD16 to access the policy.