We enable every WSU student to graduate with a rich understanding of different cultures and nations by bringing international students and scholars to our campuses and sending students abroad to advance their studies. We also work with academic institutions, governments, and other organizations worldwide to build strategic partnerships that advance research and discovery.
Admissions and Recruitment
Bringing international students to campus
International Student and Scholar Services
Enriching student experiences
- Provide orientation and mentorship programs to help international visitors become integral members of the community
- Advise students, visiting scholars, and international faculty about immigration regulations related to the university
- Advance cultural understanding and awareness of the needs and perspectives of international students, scholars, and faculty
- Ensure compliance with federal Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) reporting requirements
The International Center: A place for international connections
Students from a wide range of nations and cultures join in workshops, civic activities, and other programs at the university’s International Center.
- Provide a safe, welcoming, and comfortable space for international and domestic students
- Plan and implement programs to increase students’ familiarity with campus and engagement in extracurricular activities
- Offer internship opportunities for students to learn how to develop and manage programs
Located in the Compton Union Building (CUB) in the heart of the Pullman campus, the center enables international and domestic students to connect with others and share their experiences with the university community. It is also where many students come to study and relax with friends.
Academic English, Undergraduate Foundation, and International Master’s Programs
- Assist international students in building English-language proficiency
- Prepare international students for study at U.S. colleges and universities
Global Partnerships and Research Services
Welcoming scholars from around the world
Building partnerships that advance research initiatives
- Build strategic alliances with academic institutions and other organizations in many nations
- Facilitate interdisciplinary partnerships
- Assess the impact of WSU’s international partnerships
- Identify international funding opportunities
- Support internationally relevant research proposals
Bestowing prestigious honors
The WSU Fulbright Academy helps WSU faculty and students compete for the Fulbright program’s prestigious international exchange awards. The academy also welcomes international Fulbright scholars to WSU and brings public recognition to all the university’s Fulbright participants.
Part of the academy’s mission is to conduct regional outreach to increase the Northwest’s participation in Fulbright programs.
“I have long held to the fundamental belief that if we are to change—and change in bold and significant ways—the delivery of higher education in this country, it will require that we develop new paradigms, new ways of thinking, new platforms of knowledge that will position us for the challenges and the opportunities of this global economy and marketplace.”Elson S. Floyd, Ph.D
Past President Washington State University (dec.)