Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program for Canadian Students
Established in 1899, today’s WSU College of Veterinary Medicine is accredited by 4 accrediting agencies and widely recognized as a leader in veterinary medical education.
Top 5 reasons to choose WSU for your Vet Med degree
- Class sizes that promote individualized learning
- Extensive research opportunities including summer research programs and continued DVM/graduate studies
- Off-site experiences including Humane Society rotations, the Northwest Bovine Veterinary Experience Program, and Preceptor Clinics throughout the Northwest
- Scholarships. Over 90% of students in our program receive scholarships
- The clinical and professional skills to be practice ready at the time of graduation
We serve students with interests in all facets of the veterinary profession
WSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Exceptional programs, state-of-the-art facilities
Students have access to everything from our full-service Veterinary Teaching Hospital to state-of-the-art diagnostic, anatomy, and research labs, museums, and our accredited Clinical Simulation Center.
Outstanding student support and opportunities
Students gain hands-on experience early in the program. Courses in client communication, surgery skills, and business skills, along with diagnostic challenges, give our students the tools they need to succeed.
Canadian applicants can apply to the WSU College of Veterinary Medicine through the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS). The College does not require GRE for admission.
Students are strongly recommended to apply with a Bachelor of Science degree.
|General Biology with lab||2 semesters, 1 year|
|Inorganic Chemistry with lab||2 semesters, 1 year|
|English Composition/Writing||2 semesters, 1 year|
|Organic Chemistry with lab||1 semester, 1/2 year|
|General Physics with lab||1 semester, 1/2 year|
|Genetics||1 semester, 1/2 year|
|Biochemistry||1 semester, 1/2 year|
|Statistics||1 semester, 1/2 year|
|Math (Algebra/Pre-Calculus or higher)||1 semester, 1/2 year|