- Look at first day of classes and Alive orientation schedule so that you can plan for travel.
- Alive Orientation Dates: https://alive.wsu.edu/sign-up/
- Take the Writing Placement Exam (you must take this before you can take the required university English course for undergraduate students).
- Take the ALEKS Math Placement Exam if you have not taken it already.
This is usually a week after final exams are completed.
Check your final grades on myWSU.
If you are in your last semester of your Bridge program and you receive an email stating that you finished it, here is what you need to do:
- Register for Alive Orientation (required if you want to register for classes and meet an advisor)
- You will not be able to register for classes if you do not sign up for Alive. If you miss the regular Alive orientation, you will need to sign up for the late session and you will not be able to talk to an advisor to help you register for classes.
- Meet with an Advisor during Alive
- Register for classes https://registrar.wsu.edu/add-classes/ (see instructions below)
- Attend International Programs Orientation (required for all international students)
- Complete all required material on the IP Orientation Blackboard
How to register for classes
In your Student Center, click on “Enroll” or “enrollment shopping cart”
Click the “search” button.
Select the campus and then subject. For CS, EE, or ME subjects, select the one that also says “Vanc.”
Click “Select” for the course lecture you wish to register for.
If the course also has a lab, it will ask you which lab you prefer to enroll in.
If the class is full or could be full when you enroll, select the box that says “Waitlist if class is full.” This will put you on the waiting list for the class. If you are first on the waitlist and a spot opens in the class (within the enrollment deadlines), you will be automatically enrolled in the class.
Once all of the courses are in your shopping cart, either select all courses and click “Enroll” or click “Proceed to step 2.” You will confirm that you want to be enrolled and you will then be enrolled in your courses.
If any of your courses show the red X, that means there was an error. Either you do not have the prerequisites for the course, there is a time conflict, you tried enrolling in a course on a different WSU campus, or you actually do have the prerequisite but the system cannot tell. If you have any questions or concerns, please email your Academic Advisor.
To view your class schedule in the weekly calendar view, go to “My Class Schedule” and select “Weekly Calendar View.”
Change your immigration level: https://ip.wsu.edu/on-campus/f-1-students/
Make sure you check your WSU email daily!
This is especially important when everything is online because it is our main way of contacting you.
We have 2 resources for tech help: