Thank you for applying to INTO WSU. We look forward to meeting you.
We Will Send You an I-20 Form
Once you have received your offer of admission to INTO WSU, you will be asked to confirm your intent to enroll by paying a deposit. After we receive the tuition deposit, we will send the immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019) by Federal Express to your mailing address. You will need to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee online and make a visa appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
If you are transferring to INTO WSU from another school or language program in the United States, you will need to complete the following steps.
- Request your SEVIS record be transferred to WSU.
- Complete the transfer-in form and email, mail, or fax it to the WSU Office of International Programs.
F-1 Transfer Form
J-1 Request to Transfer
- If you plan to travel outside of the United States before beginning study at WSU, request a temporary I-20 for your reentry to the United States.
- Attend orientation during the first day of your WSU IALC session. After the immigration check-in, the Office of International Programs will issue you a permanent WSU I-20.
Make Travel Arrangements
Immigration regulations allow international students to arrive in the United States up to 30 days before the first day of classes.
We recommend that you plan to arrive at least 1 week before the start of your IALC program so that you can familiarize yourself with WSU and the community of Pullman before your studies begin.
See our travel page for information on the best ways to get to Pullman.
You will need to provide evidence of measles (Rubeola) immunity before you will be able to register for classes.
Send a copy of your school certificate of immunization or an official copy of your record from a health-care provider’s office to:Health and Wellness Services
Washington State University
PO Box 642302
Pullman WA 99164-2302
Documents Should Be in English
We strongly recommend that you also obtain a vaccine for meningococcal disease (meningitis). Immunity is particularly important for students who will live in densely populated settings such as residence halls.
If you cannot obtain immunization before arriving in the United States, contact WSU Health and Wellness Services for immunizations when you arrive on campus. We can assist you with this after you arrive if necessary.
Tuition is due the first day of classes.
If your tuition is being paid by a sponsor, contact INTO WSU when you arrive so that we can bill your sponsor if needed.
Welcome to INTO WSU!
We provide an orientation program during the first day of the session. Advisors are available at INTO WSU to help you through the orientation process. Do not miss orientation!
Important things happen at orientation:
- Immigration check-in
- English Placement Test
- WSU campus tour and introduction to the town of Pullman
- Getting to know your fellow students—make friends!
Documents to Bring
- Valid passport
- F-1 visa
- I-94 (if available)
- WSU I-20 or DS-2019 (if applicable)
- Previous I-20/DS-2019 (transfer students)