What is the tutorial?
The tutorial will help you get ready for your journey at WSU the best way possible. It has 2 required parts.
- The virtual Canvas course
- You will be enrolled in and take a self-paced WSU Canvas course before the start of the term. You will need to watch several short, required videos and complete quizzes as you prepare to join WSU. This information will help you prepare for the face-to-face tutorial and New Coug Orientation when you get here. Log in to WSU Canvas here to get started: canvas.wsu.edu.
- The face-to-face tutorial when you arrive at WSU that is designed just for you
- The schedule that will be posted on this page a few weeks before semester start will indicate the date of your tutorial, which depends on the type of student you are. Plan your arrival time to attend the required tutorial. The tutorial will provide you with important information about meeting your basic needs such as housing, help you make connections and build friends, and teach you more about academic preparedness, social identity, campus engagement, how WSU can support you, and more!
Find your tutorial
Pullman students are automatically registered for the tutorial after they’ve paid their enrollment fee.
|If your student status is:||Academic English||International Undergraduate, Undergraduate Foundation, or Global Learning Exchange||International Graduate, International Master’s|
|On this date and time:||Friday|
|Be at this location:||Daggy Hall||Bryan Hall Foyer||Bryan Hall Foyer|
For WSU students NOT attending the Pullman campus
All students at WSU Everett, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, or research and extension will be enrolled in and required to complete the international student tutorial Canvas course prior to the start of the semester.
You will also receive an email with information about a required immigration presentation over Zoom.
- Campus DSO: Nitivia Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare for your arrival in Pullman
Q. Do you want to get picked up from the Pullman, Washington, airport? We can’t wait to see you!
A. Be sure to let us know when to pick you up from the airport!
Q. Get ready to live where you study. Need help with housing?
A. Watch this page for information on when applications for housing are open and move-in will start for the semester.
Q. Ready to get involved and make friends that become family?
A. If you are an undergraduate student, consider joining the International Students’ Council. If you are a graduate student, consider joining the Graduate and Professional Student Association.