Congratulations on your pending graduation! Below are some useful reminders.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) – If you are interested in post graduation employment in the US, please visit myPassport to get information on how to apply at WSU. There are links to helpful videos and webpages there.
- How long can you stay in the US after graduation? Here is a grace period reminder/explanation.
- Program Completion Form – Please complete this form in myPassport in your final semester. There will be an option to request a free flag pin of your home country.
- Transfer Out – If you are planning on continuing your education at another institution, you can transfer your SEVIS record (I-20) using the F-1 SEVIS Transfer Out Form on myPassport.
- If you want to write an invitation letter to help your parents come to the US to attend the commencement ceremony, you can find templates online to help you do so. You may also want to provide them with a student status confirmation letter for their visa interview, which you can request at myPassport. Our office does not write invitation letters.
- Make sure your correct address is in myWSU so you can receive your diploma in the mail.
- Visit the WSU Alumni Association website to learn about the benefits of joining.
Please be sure to visit the links below for commencement and career services information.