Yang “Wendy” Liu Award for Excellence in Teaching
Her pure honesty and intention was always felt by students and colleagues alike. To know Wendy was to be a better you.
How to Nominate a WSU Faculty or Staff Member
The Yang (Wendy) Liu Award for Excellence in Teaching International Students is awarded once annually to a faculty member at WSU who demonstrates excellence in teaching international students at WSU by:
- Teaching or otherwise supporting understanding of academic integrity, plagiarism, and other matters as they relate to writing and citation at a U.S. university – and communicating this effectively to international students who are unused to these standards.
- Teaching or otherwise supporting students in active engagement, oral participation, group work, etc.
- Serving in an advisory or mentorship capacity for international students.
- Incorporating global perspectives/multiple perspectives within the classroom/curriculum.
- Showing evidence of flexibility in teaching style as it relates to international students.
How to nominate
Submit the Faculty & Staff Award Nomination Form and 1-page letter describing why you are nominating this person and outlining the individual’s award-worthy accomplishments. Send it via email to Dr. Kate Hellmann, Director of International Student and Scholar Services, at email@example.com.