Gain leadership skills, cross-cultural understanding, and global knowledge. The Global Leadership Certificate can be integrated with any major.
The Global Leadership Certificate is a flexible program that enhances your marketability in an increasingly international job market. It shows that you can analyze, adapt, communicate, empathize, and solve problems in a variety of ways. The Office of International Programs offers the Global Leadership Certificate in partnership with the Office of Undergraduate Education.
Features and Benefits:
- Gain leadership skills
- Internationalize your resume and WSU transcript
- Be a global citizen and make a difference at home and abroad
- 12 credits from courses with local/global perspectives. There are over 200 courses to choose from. You may use approved courses taken abroad, as well as up to 4 credits of a foreign language at or above the 200 level. At least 2 courses must be taken at the 300-400 level.
- UNIV 497 Leadership in a Global Context (1 credit)
Learn the foundations of leadership, global citizenship, and intercultural communication.
- UNIV 490 Global Leadership Experience (1 credit)
Participate in a globally related experience at home or abroad. Opportunities include study abroad, an International Center internship, Campus Friends, and volunteering with an internationally focused service organization.
- UNIV 491 Global Leadership Certificate Capstone (1 credit)
Integrate the academic, experiential, and leadership components through seminar discussions and the creation of an individualized global leadership product.
Talk with your academic advisor about incorporating the Global Leadership Certificate into your program of study. Courses taken in your major and UCORE courses can be applied to the GLC.
- Please contact your Global Learning advisor to certify for the Global Leadership Certificate
- After you are certified, you must complete the online graduation application in myWSU to have the Global Leadership Certificate recorded on your official WSU transcript
- The minimum GPA to earn the Global Leadership Certificate is 2.0
- WSU’s undergraduate certificate fee will be charged to your student account
A Global Leadership Certificate enables you to show you have cultural competency in your attitudes, knowledge, and skills. You will become prepared to work with individuals, communities, and organizations reflecting diverse origins.
You may reflect upon how the skills, experience, and knowledge you have gained influence your personal and professional goals.