Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Future International Students

Get the Proper Visa

F-1 Visa

If you will be pursuing an undergraduate degree as a full-time student (12 or more credits per semester), you will most likely be issued an F-1 visa.

An F-1 visa allows an international student to enter the United States to study in a language and/or academic program. If you are studying at WSU on an F-1 visa, you must comply with U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements, as well as University requirements.

J-1 Visa

A J-1 student visa allows you to participate in study-based exchange programs in the United States. If you are studying in a language and/or academic program at WSU on a J-1 visa, you must comply with regulations of the U.S. Department of State, as well as university requirements.