Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Future International Students

Next Steps

Welcome! We are happy to help you join the Cougar family at WSU. To reserve your space at the University and get ready to study in the United States, follow these steps.

If you have any questions about any part of the process, please contact us. We are ready to help.


1-855-219-1317 (toll-free)



Send Final Documents to WSU!

To finalize your admission, you will need to send final transcripts and proof of immunizations to WSU as soon as possible.


As soon as they become available, you will need to submit final transcripts showing graduation date and/or degree earned.

Ask each school to send official transcripts directly to the Office of International Programs.

Documents can be sent by secure electronic transfer or mailed to WSU at this address:

Office of International Programs
International Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 643251
Pullman WA 99164-3251


You will need to provide evidence of measles (Rubeola) immunity before you will be able to register for classes.

Send a copy of your school certificate of immunization or an official copy of your record from a health care provider’s office to:

Health and Wellness Services
Washington State University
PO Box 642302
Pullman WA 99164-2302

Fax: 509-335-6223

Documents should be in English.

We strongly recommend that you also obtain a vaccine for meningococcal disease (meningitis). Immunity is particularly important for students who will live in densely populated settings such as residence halls, fraternities, or sororities.

More information about immunizations is available from
WSU Health & Wellness.


Apply for a U.S. Visa

Start the U.S. immigration process as soon as possible.

Once you have accepted our admission offer, WSU will send a confirmation letter and immigration document (if any) to you.

This will be either the I-20 or the DS-2019, depending on your student status.

Documents and Process

Students who are receiving I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the first time will need to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee online and make a visa appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

Make certain you have a valid passport. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your expected stay (Canadian citizens excepted).

If you are coming to WSU from another school or language program in the United States, complete the following steps.

  1. Request your SEVIS record be transferred to WSU.
  2. Complete the Transfer-In Form and mail or fax it to the WSU Office of International Programs.
    F-1-Transfer-Form (pdf)
    J-1-Request-to-Transfer (pdf)
  3. If you plan to travel outside the United States before beginning study at WSU, request a temporary I-20 for your re-entry to the United States.
  4. Attend a new student orientation at WSU. After the immigration check-in, the Office of International Programs will issue you a permanent WSU I-20.

Get complete information on U.S. visa regulations and process.


Apply for Housing

You will want to apply for on-campus housing as soon as possible. Housing assignments are prioritized according to when you submit your application.

Apply for campus housing

Campus Residence Requirement

All unmarried freshmen under 20 years of age are required to live in a University residence hall for 1 academic year. (Students who completed college-level work in high school are considered freshmen for housing purposes.)

Students who are over 20 years of age, married, or who have attended at least 1 year of college have the option of living in a residence hall, in University apartments, or off campus.

Explore housing options


Sign Up for Orientation

Orientation and Registration

All new students must complete an orientation program to register for classes.

Make sure your travel arrangements allow you to attend. Students who are entering the United States may arrive no sooner than 30 days before the start of classes.

Orientation sessions for fall semester are offered on several dates throughout the summer.

Orientation info and signup

Placement Exams

The University also requires new students to take placement exams in mathematics and English composition. You will need to take these exams before you attend orientation.

Placement exam info and signup