The mandatory online pre-departure orientation will be available on Blackboard within one day after you commit to your program.
The country session is an interactive and informational meeting that provides you with the opportunity to meet people who have lived in your destination country.
Summer, fall, and academic-year programs occurs during the end of spring semester.
Spring and calendar year programs occurs during the end of fall semester.
Check your emails for time, location, and more information on the Country Meet Up Sessions.
Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver and Global Campus Students
The Global Learning Department will provide further information.
Country Specific Resources
Researching your host country is an important step. If you have not looked customs, food, weather and other major information, now is the time. The following links will provide basic resources for advice regarding study, travel and logistics of living in another country.
- StudentsAbroad.com offers handbooks with country specific information, checklists, and more
- The Department of State has resources for smart travel and more
- Wikipedia has a list of sovereign states
- Check the climate of your destination country before you pack
- Many news sites, such as CNN, the BBC, and Al Jazeera provide current stories and information in English about countries around the world
Savvy travelers make the most out of their experience and are on some tips to do just that.
- Several airlines have student discounts and/or payment plans (book now, pay later) available
- Hostels, such as Hostels.com and Hostel World can be a great way to save on accommodations and meet other travelers
- Lonely Planet and Let’s Go are examples of travel guides that will help you find entertainment, sights and more
- Prepare your smart phone for travel
- Write a letter to your future self
- Search the internet for tips on taking unique travel photos and travel blogging.