This checklist includes general steps students should consider when planning to participate in a WSU Global Learning program. Please be aware that this checklist is NOT comprehensive.
- If you are traveling, apply for a passport or renew your passport if it expires within 6 months of your expected return date.
- Attend a Global Cougs 101 information session (offered several times each week). Research program options on MyStudyAbroad or in Bryan 105 (Pullman campus).
- Meet with your Academic Advisor about including global learning in your degree plan.
- Meet with your Global Learning Advisor. Talk with your family and/or support network.
- Figure out your program budget. Know your payment deadlines and how you plan to pay for your program.
- Meet with Student Financial Services and/or scholarship providers to discuss your aid package and awards to verify what can apply to global learning opportunities.
- Search for scholarships – apply for ALL you are eligible for and APPLY EARLY!
- Complete a WSU Global Learning application in MyStudyAbroad. The WSU application is REQUIRED for all global learning programs.
- Complete any additional applications (provider, host university, etc.).
- Check your MyStudyAbroad homepage AND WSU email frequently for application updates.
- If you are traveling, complete the REQUIRED WSU Pre-Departure Orientations listed on your WSU application.
- Apply for a visa if applicable (REQUIRED for travel to most countries).